Would you like to help develop the goals of Montréal’s next budget? Would you like to know more about the city’s budgetary process? Learn about the 2022 prebudgetary consultation and how you can participate.
The prebudgetary consultation is one stage in the annual budget process. This process determines Montréal’s operating and capital expenditures for the coming year. The consultation is organized by the Commission sur les finances et l’administration.
Preparing a budget during COVID-19 times
The 2022 budget is being prepared in the particular context of the crisis caused by COVID-19.
How can the economic recovery be organized, supported and accelerated? What mechanisms should be established to speed up the ecological transition? What actions will encourage families to move to Montréal? The prebudgetary consultation is a chance for you to provide input on these issues and help orient the next budget.
The prebudgetary consultation will include several steps:
- Information session: April 13, 2021
- On-line questionnaire: April 13 to 20, 2021
- Submittal of briefs or written comments: Until May 6, 2021 (deadline to register: April 14, 2021)
- Public hearings to present briefs: May 5 to 13, 2021
- Review of contributions received (questionnaire responses, briefs and written opinions): May 6 to June 2, 2021
- Presentation and adoption of recommendations by the Commission sur les finances et l’administration: June 2, 2021
- Presentation and adoption of 2022 budget: November and December 2021
How can you participate?
Would you like to be part of the consultation? You have several options: