You’re trimming your leafy trees? Here’s how to dispose of tree branches and tree trunks responsibly.
Request a pick-up and we will come to shred and pick up your branches and tree trunks at your home.
This collection is available to individuals, small businesses, non-profit organizations or religious institutions. Branches from Hydro-Quebec’s tree trimming (not tree-cutting) operations on private property are accepted. This collection does not apply to private tree maintenance contracts.
April 9 – November 12, 2020, on Thursdays
- Tree branches and leafy tree trunks up to 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter and 1.83 metres (6 feet) in length
- Place your branches in piles, uncut and untied.
- Put out 4 m3 (equivalent to 4 bundles) of branches per collection, lined up with the cut end facing the street.
- Branches and trunks contaminated by other materials
- Tree stumps. These must be brought to an ecocentre or be picked up by a private contractor.
- Tied bundles
- Branches and leafy tree trunks over 20 cm in diameter (see chargeable collection)
- Branches and leafy tree trunks resulting from tree-cutting operations
- Twigs and evergreen trees (fir and cedar hedges, etc.)
- Vine branches
- Fruit trees
- Rose bushes
Chargeable collection (all year round, by appointment)
- For a large quantity of branches (more than 4 m3)
- For tree branches and tree trunks of more than 20 cm in diameter or 1.83 metres (feet) in length
- In addition to the volume, the list of what is and what is not picked up applies (see above)
- The cost is $145 (before tax), plus administrative charges: 15% of the amount owing, for labour, materials, machinery and external services. The resident must have signed a payment agreement at the Bureau Accès Montréal. This rate corresponds to approximately 1 hour of work. If the time required for pick-up is longer than this, the resident will have to submit a new request for a chargeable pick-up.
When to put out branches for pick-up
Anytime after 6 p.m. the day before the collection or appointment
How to place branches at the curb
- In front of the address, at the curb, away from other green waste and household waste
- Under no circumstances should branches be placed in the alley.
- Branches must not interfere with traffic on the sidewalk.
For both the free and chargeable collection, a request must be made by calling 311.