Are you planning to construct or extend a building? Do you need a permit for the project?
Because of COVID-19, you can exceptionally complete your application online. Here’s how to do it.
Currently, only the following boroughs accept online applications for construction permits or building extension permits:
- Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
- Le Sud-Ouest
How to apply for a permit
Complete the first sections (personal information, location of the work, etc.).
- In the “Description of the work” section, select “Inside of the building” (no matter the project).
- In the “Further details and projected cost of the work” section, enter “Construction and extension”. Then describe the planned work.
- Indicate the estimated project cost.
- Upload the documents required for the review of your application.
For any construction or extension work, you must provide the following documents depending on your project:
- Building specification sheet
- Power of attorney authorizing you to act on the owner’s behalf, if any
- Plans drawn to scale, elevations and section drawings, showing the current state and projected work
- Draft site plan prepared by a land surveyor
- Certificate of location
- Land map with location of the trees, if any
If necessary, use the “Autres documents” section to upload your documents.
Contact the permit counter in the borough where the work will be carried out.