As per the government’s announcement, Montréal’s libraries are reopening. You can now go to the shelves to choose your books and visit the library to pick up books that you reserve in advance.
The number of people admitted to the library is limited due to the site’s capacity.
You can now borrow items in two different ways:
- Reserve in advance and pick up later
You can reserve items online or by phone. We will contact you once your items are ready at the library and you can then pick them up.
2. Choose items on site
You can now access library shelves to choose your own items.
Terms and conditions:
- Maximum 15 reservations per library card
- Loan time: Four weeks for all types of items
- Maximum 40 items per card
You can bring items to the library counter or use the outdoor drop-off chute. You must return fragile items, such as toys and musical instruments, at the counter as usual.
Computer stations and individual seats
There are computer stations and individual seats available for users at the libraries. des ordinateurs.
Rules and conditions:
- Reservation by phone (recommended) or on site, the evening before or the same day.
- You are not required to be a library member.
- Seats: One hour minimum and four hours maximum per day
- Computer stations: Two hours maximum per session, twice a week
- You must stay in your assigned seat.
- Working in teams is not allowed.
- Bring your own headphones and personal storage devices.
You can become a member and renew your membership in most libraries. You can also become a member digitally.
Digital collections and online services are available at all times.
All on-site activities are cancelled. Online activities are still being held.
You cannot get an Accès Montréal card at the library.
- Masks are required inside the library at all times for everyone ages eight and up.
- Members of the same family bubble must stay together.
- Limit the time you spend on site.