To lessen the financial impact of business closures in red zones, such as bars and restaurants, the government of Québec has announced new emergency assistance in the form of loan forgiveness. PME MTL, the city’s business support network, is launching this new measure.
Emergency assistance is targeting restaurants and bars, helping them to cover a portion of their set costs.
- Eligible businesses can have up to 80% loan forgiveness of the following eligible fixed costs:
- Municipal and school taxes
- Rent or interest on mortgages
- Fees for public services (electricity, gas)
- Telecommunications fees
- Fees for permits and associations
- The PME MTL network will be in charge of launching this assistance measure, which is part of the city’s emergency assistance program for small businesses.
- More details about the assistance measure will be announced soon.
To find out when and how to apply, visit PME MTL.
Contact Affaires Montréal