The Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Youth Council is looking for new members!
Are you between 15 and 30 years old? Do you want to get involved in borough life and participate in projects related to youth?
Join the Youth Council and help bring the voices of young people to the Borough Council.
Submit your application and become a member of the Youth Council by completing the online registration form and uploading a video, audio file or letter.
The deadline to apply is April 9, 2021, at noon.
The role of the CDN-NDGYC
The CDN-NDGYC is a consultative body that provides a way for borough young people aged 15 to 30 to socialize and to engage in civic participation. Members of the CDN-NDGYC are selected so as to reflect the cultural, social and geographic diversity of Côte-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce as well as gender parity.
The Youth Council has a real impact
Council members meet monthly to discuss and develop projects to improve their neighbourhoods. The mission of this non-partisan body is to inform the actions of elected officials and the municipal administration as part of an overarching policy of public participation in local life.
In recent years, the Youth Council has worked on tangible projects that made a difference for the community.
- Participation in the development of a mural for Parc Martin Luther King
- Contribution to the creation of a vegetable garden at Place Darlington
- Creation of a social media campaign to raise awareness of COVID-19 among young people
- Climate change speakers
- Consent project at École La Voie and organization of a youth event
And much more!
Anne-Sophie, Karim and Giani, Youth Council members, tell us about their favourite projects!
All you need!
It’s simple! To join the CDN-NDG Youth Council, here’s what you need:
- The desire to get involved in your community and defend the interests of young people
- To be between 15 and 30 years old
- To be motivated to work on a team and to have an interest in subjects that concern the borough of CDN-NDG
- To have time to devote to this involvement (monthly meeting and group work)
- To live, study full-time or work in the borough
- To not be a member of a municipal political party, in order to limit partisanship
Are you interested? Send us your application by filling out this form.