October 18-24, 2021, the borough and its partners are offering a wide range of virtual activities that are also part of Semaine québécoise des rencontres interculturelles (Québec intercultural encounters week).
Mehreen Tarique, a student at Cavelier-De LaSalle High School in Secondary 5, created the project Les couleurs du changement (The colours of change)—an activity to raise awareness of issues related to social inclusion and intercultural relations. This project is supported by Destination Travail du Sud-Ouest de l’Île de Montréal, in collaboration with Bienvenue à l’immigrant.
Presented by the Maison des jeunes de LaSalle
- Monday, October 18 - SLAM entitled “Les Parents” composed and performed by Cheikh Adamsyabre, originally from Burkina Faso, West Africa
Watch this (in French)
Presented by CKVL 100.1 FM
- October 18-24 - Intercultural interviews on various topics
Presented by AIRSOM Centre PRISME
- October 18-22, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - “Les énigmes d’eau” exhibition by Mexican-born artist-painter Elsa Gallegos
- October 18-24 - “Évasions : Entre quatre murs” virtual exhibition by visual artist Lucas-E-Sinclair
View the exhibition and learn more about the artist.
- Thursday, October 21, noon - 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Virtual art workshop
Presented by the LaSalle Multicultural Resource Center
- Friday, October 22, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. - Cross-cultural celebration: Youth leadership
Presented by Bienvenue à l’immigrant
- Saturday, October 23 - Diversité 360: World dances with BAI
Presented by Culture LaSalle
- October 21 - November 28 - Stéréotypia exhibition
Presented by the L’Octogone library
- Monday, October 18, noon - Virtual meeting with the author Maya Ombasic
- Friday, October 22, 9 a.m. - D’UN ROMAN À L’AUTRE! Video clip of suggested Québec novels to read
- Saturday, October 23, 1 p.m. - Virtual family show: Le plus beau voyage!
Check out L’Octogone library’s Facebook page regularly to find interesting reading suggestions.
A nod to the S.O.U.PE Festival
To commemorate the famous S.O.U.PE Festival and to highlight LaSalle’s cultural diversity, here are 12 soup recipes from various countries submitted by residents, members of LaSalle organizations and borough employees. Cooking to bring people together is also one of SHIC’s values!
Enjoy your soup!