The construction of the new bridge may impact your daily activities. What you need to know.
Work site update
Get the latest updates on the work site and what the city is doing to minimize its impact.
Ongoing and Upcoming Work
- Strengthening of the sidewalk on the west side.
- Development of a temporary bike path on the west side between Rue Cherrier and Boulevard Gouin.
- Dismantling of the bike path on the east side to free up the space required to build the new structure a few metres from the current bridge.
- Installation of protection against birds.
- Construction of the foundations and the structure.
- Development of four traffic lanes, a two-way bike path, a sidewalk and a lookout.
- Reconstruction of water supply and sewer networks.
- Relocation of electrical and cabling networks.
- Redevelopment of Boulevard Jacques-Bizard between Rue Cherrier and Boulevard Gouin.
- Link to Boulevard Jacques-Bizard.
- Reconstruction and upgrading of the street lights.
- Landscaping and installation of street furniture.
- Redevelopment of Parc Denis-Benjamin-Viger: New paths, public square, etc.
Work aimed at diverting and linking Boulevard Jacques-Bizard to the new bridge will require the felling of 140 trees, half of which are diseased ash trees. In their place, some 160 new trees will be planted, while 365 will be preserved, and 25 will be transplanted. The project also calls for the addition of several hundred shrubs and perennials.
- Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (if required)
The work will be performed according to a specific sequence so as to reduce the impact on traffic. For this reason, occasional work at night may be required, between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Getting around during the work
- The three lanes on the current bridge will remain open during peak traffic hours, from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- One lane will remain open in each direction on the bridge outside of peak traffic hours.
- There will be occasional closures of one or two lanes at night. Traffic officers will be on site to facilitate vehicle traffic.
- The ramp for turn right on Boulevard Jacques-Bizard (northbound) towards Rue Cherrier (eastbound) will be closed to traffic during certain work phases. A temporary ramp will be built in the park, in the direction of Rue Cherrier.
- The ramp to turn right on Boulevard Gouin (westbound) towards Boulevard Jacques-Bizard (northbound) will be closed during certain work phases. The right-hand turn will be moved to the corner of Gouin and Jacques-Bizard.
- There will be longer stops at intersections during certain work phases.
Walking or cycling
- The sidewalk on the west side of the bridge will be repaired in the spring of 2022 and will be accessible to pedestrians for the duration of the work operations.
- The bike path on the east side of the bridge and on the south and north shores will be closed for the duration of the work operations.
- A multi-purpose path (for pedestrians and cyclists) will be developed on the west side in the spring of 2022.
- Cyclists will have to dismount and cross the bridge on foot.
On the Rivière des Prairies
- Navigation will be maintained at all times.
- Detours are possible and will be developed using the proper signage (buoy laying).
- STM bus routes serving the area may be disrupted. Please contact 514-786-4636 or go to stm.info for further details.
- Possibility of noise, dust and vibrations.
- Parc Denis-Benjamin-Viger will be closed to the public for 60 days (dates to be confirmed).
For project updates and details concerning the possible impacts on your travel, please view the Info-travaux map.
Online public information session
View the information session held online on March 9, 2022.
Letters and notices of work
View the notices of recent work.
- Interdiction de virage à gauche - Août 2022 - Date mise à jour (in French) [PDF 425 KB]
- Nouvelle configuration de la place Laframboise - Juillet 2022 (in French) [PDF 398 KB]
- Déplacement de la piste multifonctionnelle - Mai 2022 (in French) [PDF 346 KB]
- Passage de camions sur la place Bellerive - Mai 2022 (in French) [PDF 370 KB]
- Renforcement du trottoir sur le pont actuel - Travaux de fin de semaine - Mai 2022 (in French) [PDF 347 KB]
- Renforcement du trottoir sur le pont actuel - Mars 2022 (in French) [PDF 346 KB]
- Travaux préliminaires - Mars 2022 (in French) [PDF 315 KB]
- Lettre en amont - Construction du pont Jacques-Bizard - Février 2022 (in French) [PDF 492 KB]
- Interdiction de virage à gauche - 19 septembre 2022 (in French) [PDF 445 KB]