Discover the public skating and Stick & Puck programming at the two arenas in the Borough of Lachine.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety measures indicated below must be followed in order to protect both the employees’ health and your own.
There is no reservation system at aréna Martin-Lapointe. First come, first served. For aréna Pierre Pete Morin, you may reserve in person or over the phone. During the maximum alert level in Montreal, there will be “skating times” so that a maximum number of users can enjoy the sport.
Before you go:
- Put on your clothes for the activity. The changing rooms are closed.
- Bring a mask or face covering for 10-year-olds and over.
- Arrive less than 15 minutes before the start of the activity; otherwise you will not be immediately allowed in the arena.
If you or your child has any symptoms associated with COVID-19, don’t go to the arena. In case of doubt, please call 514 644-4545.
Once you arrive at the arena
- An attendant will inform you of the rules to be followed during your visit. Depending on the number of skaters, you may have to wait before you can access the rink. The capacity of each arena is 25 people.
- Hand sanitizing is mandatory at the entrance to the complex.
- Wearing a mask or face covering for 10-year-olds and over is required in the arena.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres is everyone’s responsibility and is compulsory in the building as well as in the swimming pools except for people who live at the same address (household).
- There are no lockers for your boots. The grandstands are accessible to put your skates on and leave your belongings. Please keep your valuables in your pockets while you are on the rink.
- The snack bars are closed.
- Young people under 18 years of age may borrow skates free of charge with their Accès Lachine card (at aréna Martin-Lapointe)
- Washrooms and water fountains are accessible. It is recommended that you bring your own reusable water bottle.
More details on the Stick & Puck activity
The Stick & Puck activity is designed for practising your personal hockey skills: skating, shooting, passing and puck handling.
- Matches and games are prohibited.
- No slap shots will be allowed
- Each participant should bring no more than one puck to the activity.
- No nets or personal equipment (cones, etc.) are allowed on the ice.
- Passes are permitted with only one other participant (duo), while maintaining physical distancing requirements.
- Wearing full hockey equipment is required for 17-year-olds and under. Youngsters must come to the arena wearing this equipment except for skates and helmets, which they will be able to put on, on site, in the areas provided for this purpose. A helmet with a full face shield, a neck protector, gloves and skates are required for parents accompanying their children.
- Goalkeepers cannot participate.
- Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult on the ice.
After the activity
- At the end of your skating period, please leave the arena quickly by following the arrow signs. It is important to hold your personal conversations outside the arena in order to quickly free up space for the next users or to allow time for disinfecting the area.
Enjoy your skating time!
514 634-3471 ext. 828
These guidelines are subject to change without notice.