Strict hygiene and physical distancing measures in all community gardens in order to ensure the health and safety of users.
- During the pandemic, access to the garden is reserved for food production only.
- The garden is reserved for registered gardeners.
- Any gathering is forbidden in the garden.
- Only one person at a time per plot, except in exceptional cases (single-parent family with children and escort for persons with reduced mobility).
- It is currently recommended that people over the age of 70 and those with chronic or immunosuppressed illness stay at home. It is therefore recommended that they do not use community or collective gardens in the current context.
- If you are unable to garden, please notify SOCENV. You will still keep your plot for the season and stay on the gardeners list for the next season.
- Access to the garden is prohibited for anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or who is in voluntary or mandatory isolation.
- If a person develops symptoms while they are in the garden, they must immediately leave the area, follow the isolation instructions and call 1 877 644-4545. They must also inform SOCENV.
Hygiene measures, social distancing, tools and cleaning
- Wearing a mask is recommended.
- Hand washing with soap and water on arrival and departure is mandatory.
- Reserve toilet use for emergencies only.
- Favor the use of your own gardening tools. If you don’t have any tools, contact SOCENV for creative ideas for household items that can be used in the garden.
- If you have to share your tools, be sure to clean them well with soap and water.
- A physical distance is mandatory.