The city is completely redeveloping the intersection of Chemin Remembrance and Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges. Infrastructures will be rebuilt and the intersection will be made safer for all users, while renewing one of the main entrances to the Parc du Mont-Royal.
A brand-new development concept
Among the plans for development:
- Creating a welcoming and meaningful entrance to the Parc du Mont-Royal which includes rebuilt sidewalks, a major greening operation and planting more than 430 trees of a variety of sizes and species.
- Replacing viaducts with a user-friendly intersection that features safety measures and is better adapted to an urban environment: Adding traffic lights at two intersections (Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges and Chemin Remembrance, Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges and Rue Belvedere Circle), safe pedestrian crossings with digital countdowns and improved signage and road markings.
- Configuring bus stops for better accessibility.
- Finalizing a 300-metre stretch of the road around Mount Royal.
Construction site news
This project will continue through summer 2024 and may have impacts on your everyday life. Get the latest news about the construction site and what the city is doing to mitigate its impacts.
Beginning: End of May until December 2021
Demolition of viaducts, infrastructure replacement work on northbound Chemin de la Côte-des-Neige and westbound Chemin Remembrance, new traffic configuration.
Getting around during construction
- Two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction along Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, between Avenue Forest Hill and Rue Blueridge Crescent.
- STM bus stops will remain, but may be moved. For more information, visit the STM’s Web site.
Getting to the Parc du Mont-Royal
- You can get to the park via the intersection of Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges and Rue Belvedere Circle. A traffic light and pedestrian crossing will be implemented.
- Two-way traffic will be available to all users on the southern stretch of Chemin Remembrance.
Getting to buildings
At least one sidewalk will be accessible on all streets at all times. Some sidewalks will be obstructed for short periods during certain phases of work. Pedestrian zones will provide access to buildings at all times.
See the most recent notices to residents.
- Remembrance - Avis de travaux - 4 novembre 2021 (in French) [PDF 314 KB]
- Remembrance - Notice of work, July 28, 2021 [PDF 322 KB]
- Remembrance - Avis de travaux - 21 mai 2021 (in French) [PDF 760 KB]
- Remembrance - Avis de travaux 26 avril 2021 (in French) [PDF 344 KB]
- Remembrance - Lettre en amont - Avril 2021 (in French) [PDF 855 KB]