The Rue Saint-Antoine Ouest construction site to rebuild a primary drinking water main is located at the border of Le Sud-Ouest and Westmount. Lead water service lines will also be replaced.
Learn more about this site
August to November 2021
Rue Saint-Antoine Ouest, from Avenue Atwater to Rue Rose-de-Lima
- Reconstruction of the water main
- Replacing lead water service lines
- Dismantling and building water main chambers (underground rooms that are used to operate the waterworks systems)
- Replacing certain fire hydrants
- Rebuilding part of the sewer
A temporary water supply network will be installed so that water can be distributed during the construction project.
The water main underneath Rue Saint-Antoine, which was repaired following a major breakage in 2016, needs to be rebuilt in order to:
- Ensure continuous supply of large volumes of drinking water from city production plants and reservoirs.
- Improve the reliability of the network and ensure ongoing distribution of quality drinking water in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure reliability of firefighting services.
- Maintaining quality service for later generations.
- Reduce the frequency of emergency work to repair broken water mains or drinking water leaks.
Avancement des travaux et impacts au quotidien
La Ville déploie des solutions afin d’atténuer les impacts des travaux sur votre quotidien. Consultez notre article pour connaître l’avancement du chantier et les plus récentes communications transmises aux citoyens du secteur.