Alongside Parc Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier, in the heart of Plateau-Mont-Royal, Rue Saint-Grégoire and Rue De Brébeuf are getting a facelift. On the menu: a sustainable design offering pedestrians and cyclists a safe and enjoyable environment.
Learn all about this project
July 2019 to July 2021
- Rue Saint-Grégoire, between rue Saint-Denis and l’avenue Papineau
- Rue De Brébeuf, between avenue Laurier and rue Saint-Grégoire
- Rue Berri
- Rue Saint-Hubert
- Rue de Mentana
- Avenue Christophe-Colomb
- Rue De La Roche
- Rue Fabre
Rebuild municipal infrastructures and refresh the streets’ surface design.
Redevelopment and beautification of the street.
- Burying of aerial cables (electric power and telecommunications distribution networks).
- Redevelopment and beautification of the street.
- Reconstruction of sidewalks.
- Rebuilding the pavement.
- Upgrading the traffic lights to current standards.
- Installation of new street lighting.
- Rehabilitation and reconstruction of sewer and water pipes.
- Refurbishment of urban technical networks (RTU) infrastructures.
- Reconstruction of the west sidewalk of Rue De Brébeuf, bordering Parc Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier.
- Moving the bike path toward the street.
- Levelling and paving of the bicycle path and the surface of Rue De Brébeuf.
- Addition of traffic calming measures (lane width reductions and curb extensions).
- Levelling and resurfacing of the bicycle path and the surface of Rue De Brébeuf.
- Improve the quality of life for local residents by enhancing the pedestrian and cyclist experiences.
- Innovate with traffic calming measures.
- Increase the number of green spaces and trees in the area.
- Bury aerial wires on some segments.
- Rebuild underground infrastructures and refresh the appearance of the area.