Work on collector sewers on Sainte-Catherine and Atateken: Updates and impacts
Do you live or work in Ville-Marie? Sewer collector rehabilitation work on Rue Sainte-Catherine and Rue Atateken may have an impact on your daily activities. All you need to know about this work site.
Work site updates
Work in progress
31 of October to December 22, 2022
Sewer collector rehabilitation work on Rue Sainte-Catherine, between Rue De Champlain and Avenue Papineau.
Upcoming rehabilitation work
- As of January 16, 2023: Rue Sainte-Catherine, between Rue Atateken and Rue De Champlain
- Spring 2023: Rue Atateken, between Boulevard De Maisonneuve and Rue Sainte-Catherine
Upcoming paving of excavations
- Rue Sainte-Catherine between Rue Atateken and Avenue Papineau
- Rue Atateken between Boulevard De Maisonneuve and Rue Sainte-Catherine
Getting around during the work operations
- Preparatory work: One lane kept open in both directions on Rue Atateken, and one southbound lane kept open on Avenue Papineau, near the cleaning zone.
- Rehabilitation work: One traffic lane kept open on Rue Sainte-Catherine and Rue Atateken, near the work zone. Complete one-day closures will be in effect during the excavation work. For each work site phase, a specialized traffic management team will design a traffic plan to ensure maximum mobility in the area.
- Preparatory work: No major obstacles expected during the summer pedestrianization of Rue Sainte-Catherine.
- Rehabilitation work: No obstacles expected on the sidewalks. Flag persons will be present to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists as well as traffic flow.
Temporary and limited loss of parking spaces near insertion pits. Once the insertions have been completed, the excavations will be backfilled and paved over to allow on-street parking.
Access to buildings
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- A liaison officer will collaborate closely with merchants and institutions in an effort to minimize the impact of work operations on their daily activities.
For further updates on the work site and the impacts it may have on your day-to-day travel, please view the Info-travaux map.
Noises and mitigation measures
Noise-generating construction will be limited to weekdays between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. In accordance with municipal regulations and to meet the completion schedule, it is possible that work operations will be carried out at night and on weekends.
Notice of work operations
View the most recent notices to residents:
- Travaux collecteur d'égout Sainte-Catherine et Atateken - Travaux de réhabilitation - Sainte-Catherine à De Maisonneuve - 13 mars 2023 (in French) [PDF 409 KB]
- Travaux collecteurs d'égout Sainte-Catherine et Atateken - Travaux de réhabilitation - Atateken à De Champlain - 10 janvier 2023 (in French) [PDF 389 KB]
- Travaux collecteur égout Ste-Catherine - Lettre en amont - mai 2022 (in French) [PDF 277 KB]