The borough is looking for two volunteer residents to sit on the steering committee for the third participatory budget scheduled to be launched in the fall of 2023.
The participatory budget is a process that gives residents decision-making power over how to spend a portion of the municipal budget. In 2023, an amount of $200,000 will be earmarked for projects submitted by and for LaSalle residents.
In order to offer an approach adapted to LaSalle’s reality, a steering committee made up of elected officials, representatives of community organizations, residents and municipal employees has been set up to determine the participatory budget process.
- The role of the steering committee within this public consultation process, which will run from September 2023 to November 2024, is mainly to:
- validate the participatory budget charter, which sets out the main guidelines for the process (timeline, eligibility criteria, etc.)
- support the organization of activities and community mobilization
- propose to Borough Council a pre-selection of projects likely to be submitted to the residents’ vote
- participate in evaluating the process
The borough is being assisted in this process by the Centre d’écologie urbaine de Montréal (CEUM).
How to submit your application
Please fill out this form and submit your application no later than Thursday, September 14, 2023.