Pierrefonds-Roxboro is following the instructions given by the Government of Quebec and the City of Montreal and is taking measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 to protect its citizens. These measures change as the situation evolves, which is why we are constantly monitoring the situation.
All of the following municipal buildings, community centres, cultural sites, libraries, and sports facilities are closed to the public until further notice in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Pierrefonds Library
- William-G.-Boll Roxboro Library
- Pierrefonds Cultural Centre
- Gerry-Robertson Community Centre
- Marcel-Morin Community Centre
- West Community Centre
- Municipal activities at Sportplexe Pierrefonds arena
- Municipal activities in all gymnasiums
Outdoor locations temporarily closed
- Play areas and modules
- Dog parks
- Sports fields
- Despite the closure of the Access Montreal Office (BAM) and Permits Office, our services are maintained online or by phone at 311 to process your requests. Would you like to know more?
- Many services and permits are available online. Consult the article on this subject
Municipal Tax Account
- The payment of the municipal tax, scheduled for June 1, has been postponed to July 2. You can pay online through your financial institution, or by mail. See the procedure
What should you do if you have already scheduled your payment, or sent post-dated cheques dated May 29, May 30, May 31, or June 1? What should you do if you chose the option to pay in several instalments, with interest? Read all the answers here
Temporary car shelters
- The deadline for removing temporary car shelters has been extended to May 17, 2020.
Collections and ecocentres
- The collection service (waste, recyclables, food waste) is maintained.
- The ecocentres remain open.
- Consult useful information related to the closing of the Pierrefonds-Roxboro libraries and the services offered online.
- Document chutes in libraries are closed in all 45 libraries of the City of Montreal. You can therefore keep your documents at home. No additional fees will be added to your file until the libraries reopen.
- The Bibliothèques de Montréal offer to its subscribers free access to the Digital Library. You can borrow digital books in French and English, read newspapers and magazines online, view online courses (computer, languages, personal development, etc.) or video documentaries. Read the article
Cancelled activities and events
- All planned activities in municipal and community facilities are cancelled until further notice.
- Events on the winter-spring cultural calendar are cancelled until further notice. Some library activities will be offered online for free. Please refer to the borough’s Facebook page to find out what activities will be offered online.
Cases, hearings, statements of offence, driver’s license suspensions and payment arrangements: Do you have questions about the services offered by the municipal court during the pandemic? Find answers here.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the municipal court has suspended most of its activities, while maintaining essential services. Read the notice
Customer service counters of the municipal court will be closed. Online services remain available.
Reminder of basic instructions
- The city of Montreal appeals to the civic sense of citizens in order to respect the directives issued by the government.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres between you and other people.
- No gatherings are allowed.
COVID-19 emergency fund for local organisations in Pierrefonds-Roxboro
The Pierrefonds-Roxboro Borough Council adopted a resolution allowing for the creation of $35 000 emergency financial support for the growing needs of community organizations in the area, so that they can maintain the services that are essential to citizens.
Concerns about your health
If you or someone you know has concerns about COVID-19, call 1-877-644-4545.
To find out about the state of the situation in Montreal, find a COVID-19 screening clinic or learn about prevention tips, visit the Santé Montréal website.
Report a situation
Montréal’s police department (SPVM) now offers the option to report a situation online.
For all emergencies, or to report an imminent danger to yourself or others, call 911.
Assistance measures offered by the city
Assistance to businesses
- Montréal mobilizes to support businesses. Read more
- Montréal is launching a call for proposals for non-profit organizations that would like to receive a financial contribution in order to provide technical support to Montréal businesses. Learn more about the program
Assistance for vulnerable people
- Montréal takes measures to ensure the health and safety of the homeless population. Read more
- Montréal will contribute to the Centraide emergency fund for the most vulnerable residents in the Greater Montréal area. Read more
Covid-19 - References and useful resources
There is a lot of information circulating in relation to COVID-19 and the measures put in place. It is important to validate this information by referring to official sources.
- For information about the coronavirus, visit https://santemontreal.qc.ca/en/public/coronavirus-covid-19/
- For measures taken by the City of Montreal and the assistance programs offered, visit montreal.ca/articles/coronavirus-covid-19.
- For the government information line on COVID-19, call 1-877-644-4545.
- For the information line on the facilities and services offered by the City of Montreal, call 311. For the multilingual help and referral service on community resources, call 211.
- For local news, follow us on Facebook or on our website
- Multilingual computer graphics for downloading are available on the MIFI website. (Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration).
Follow us on our Communication channels
We ask you to subscribe to the different Borough communication channels, not to miss important local news and to stay informed about the state of the situation.
- Follow the Borough’s Facebook page ;
- Subscribe to the newsletter ;
- Consult the Borough’s website ;
- Subscribe to the texting application Notices and Alerts ;
- Subscribe to the automated phone alert system in case of emergency CodeRED ;
- Check the electronic boards located on the Borough’s main road arteries.