Do you need food baskets or would you like to lend a hand as a volunteer? Here are some resources in Lachine:
La Table de quartier de Lachine, Concert’Action provides a telephone information line for Lachine residents: 438 722-0943, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. You will be referred to an organization that can help you.
Here is a list of organizations that can help you:
Lachine (except Duff Court and Saint-Pierre)
- Le Carrefour d’entraide de Lachine receives requests and delivers food baskets. Make a request through their Facebook page or by phone at 438 722-0943.
- L’Oeuvre soupe maison gives 3 meals per person (take-out) Thursdays, 11:15 am to 12:15 p.m. at the back door of 1170 rue Notre-Dame. Present an ID card with your adress.
- COVIQ prepares and delivers food baskets for residents of the Duff-Court sector. They can be reached at 514 634-5055 or through their Facebook page. Also, every Wednesay at 1 p.m, they give food near the garage door at 1830 rue Duff-Court.
- Société de Saint-Vincent-de-Paul receives requests and delivers food baskets. Leave a message at 514 634-3471, ext. 334
- P’tite Maison de Saint-Pierre distribute take-out food every Wednesday, 11:30 am. to 12:30 p.m. at 69 avenue Saint-Pierre
- Concert’Action Lachine does food distribution on Wednesdays, starting at 3:30 p.m. in parc LaSalle (between the two baseball fields on 10e Avenue). Bring your own bags.
- Extended Hands does food distribution on Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Bring your own bags to carry food. Hot meals are provided on Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. The organization is located at 1810, rue Saint-Antoine. Phone : 514 469-2408 ext. 4.
- Théière/The Teapot: 514 637-5627 (grocery shopping assistance for seniors)
- Volunteer West Island offers frozen meals : [email protected]
Help from CLSC Dorval-Lachine
There’s no question that the current situation is stressful. It can make you, your children or your loved ones feel anxious or depressed. You may call 514 639-0660, extension 80308 and 80227 or visit their Website.
If you would like to volunteer your time, whether helping out in person or over the phone, you can offer your services by registering on Jebenevole.ca. Lachine organizations can also register there or look for volunteers.
The Centre multi-ressources de Lachine is looking for volunteers on their Facebook page. You can also call them at 438 337-5238.
Services of various community organizations
Need help for a victim of domestic violence or someone suffering from addictions? A multilingual help and referral service can refer you to community resources in many areas (housing assistance, homelessness, immigration, etc.). A number of organizations in Lachine are listed in the 211 Greater Montréal directory.
Call 211 or visit 211qc.ca.
The Borough is working with the community to protect and support residents in the face of the exceptional circumstances caused by the spread of the coronavirus. In particular, the Borough has contributed $25,000 to Centraide’s Emergency Fund for the most vulnerable people in Greater Montréal.