As of February 15, 2021, work will begin to modernize and improve aspects of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Library, located on Rue Botrel.
During the renovations, which should take around 6 months, no services will be offered at NDG Library and the book return chute will be closed as of February 10. We invite you to visit Benny Library or the two other libraries in the borough.
Work will be carried out on the ground floor in the adult area and on the second floor in the children’s area. The improvements will include:
- Installation of self-service automated returns (1 returns chute)
- Installation of a glassed-in room to accommodate the library materials sorting system
- Addition of new furnishings in keeping with the principles of universal accessibility (counters, catalogue stations, and shelves for reserved materials)
- Installation of furnishings to display collections in a more attractive manner
- Addition of digital displays
- Reorganization of the adult readers’ help desk
The NDG Maison de la culture (Botrel) will remain open to the public. However, the artist residencies currently in progress will be maintained, and the Fraser-Hickson Institute will continue its activities while respecting public health instructions.
The renovations at NDG Library will require an investment part of Phase 3 of the RFID project, which is an initiative of the Programme de rénovation, d’agrandissement et de construction de bibliothèques (library renovation, expansion and construction program).