L'Entrepôt de Lachine Earns Gold-level Eco-Responsible Venue Accreditation
L’Entrepôt de Lachine, with its performance and exhibition hall, has undertaken a sustainable development initiative that has earned it Gold-level Scène écoresponsable accreditation granted by the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables.
For the past few years, several initiatives have been implemented by the borough’s cultural team to ensure the ecological transition of the L’Entrepôt performance and exhibition hall. These efforts have earned it Gold-level Scène écoresponsable accreditation from the Conseil québécois des événements responsables, awarded at the end of 2022.
Here are a few examples of these actions that reflect L’Entrepôt’s ecological commitment:
- introduction of reusable, returnable glasses for bar service
- use of washable dishes for the artists’ dressing room
- purchase of water flasks for the technicians
- expanded installation of recycling and compost bins
- gradual change of lighting systems to use LED bulbs
- reduction in the amount of printed materials (flyers, tickets, etc.)
- encouragement to buy local and use environmentally-responsible caterers
- installation of electric charging stations
- installation of bicycle racks
The L’Entrepôt team’s commitment to be eco-responsibility is continuing, thanks to the work of the Comité vert (green committee), which is made up of various members of the Borough’s workforce.