The participatory fund-raising campaign L’achat local au cœur de Lachine not only reached its objective, but surpassed it (141%)!
Launched on July 21 by the Association Centre-ville Lachine (ACVL) and the Borough of Lachine, the campaign invited residents to purchase vouchers on the La Ruche Québec website to support participating businesses and local organizations.
The campaign raised $70,900 from residents, far exceeding the objective of $50,000! As part of this solidarity campaign, Desjardins—through its Du coeur à l’achat program—donated $12,500 to the organization La Maison des jeunes L’Escalier and $12,500 to the COVID-19 emergency fund in Lachine. In addition, the Borough of Lachine and Ville de Montréal each contributed an additional $25,000, through their promise to increase the value of residents’ purchases by 50%: for every $20 spent by a resident, an additional $10 was donated.
Campaign facts and figures
- $70,900 through the sale of vouchers to residents
- $12,500 given to La Maison des jeunes L’Escalier
- $12,500 donated to the COVID-19 Emergency Fund in Lachine
- $25,000 from Ville de Montréal by adding 50% of the value of residents’ purchase vouchers
- $25,000 from the Borough of Lachine by adding 50% of the value of residents’ purchase vouchers
- 49 participating businesses located in various sectors of Lachine
- 512 different contributors
- 141% of the objective was achieved.
The campaign raised a total of $145,900 to support the Lachine community during this pandemic.
The vouchers will be distributed to contributors by email in mid-September.