It’s sunny, it’s hot outside! The borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro offers you various options to cool off this summer.
Opening of water games
Pierrefonds-Roxboro has started to open its play fountains to enable residents to cool off with the fun splash pads.
Open in Pierrefonds-Roxboro
- Parkinson Park (located on rue Millette, at the intersection of boulevard de Pierrefonds)
- Cyril-W.-McDonald Park (located on rues Lamer and Harry-Worth)
- Cérès Park (located on avenue Cérès, at the intersection of avenue Edward-Higgins)
- Du Boisé Park (located on 14ième rue, 9e Avenue and rue du Boisé, in Roxboro)
To be opened in the coming days
- Grier Park (located on rue des Cageux)
- Every day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
How to protect yourself during a heat wave
- Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty.
- To help your body temperature get back to normal, rest in a cool place – with air conditioning, or in the shade – for two hours every day.
- Wear loose, light-coloured clothing.
- Limit physical effort, especially in the middle of the day when temperatures are highest.
- Take a cool shower or bath, or cool down with a wet towel.
- Call people you are close to, especially older or vulnerable people, to find out how they are doing.
Click here to get more infos