A summit to better manage work sites

Published February 22, 2023 - 10:14 am
Last updated March 23, 2023 - 4:36 pm

How can we reduce the impacts of work sites on economic activities and the day-to-day lives of residents? The Summit on Work Sites aims to mobilize all the actors involved in infrastructure work in an effort to identify potential solutions.

On March 30, 2023, some 100 people are expected to gather for this event, including representatives of the city, civil society (e.g., associations of pedestrians, truckers, cyclists, merchants, etc), experts in the field, real estate developers, landowners, and contractors. 

The objective of the event is to agree upon concerted and innovative actions to improve traffic flow and access to businesses and institutions.

In Montréal, only 30 per cent of work operations on our streets are carried out by the city and its boroughs, while the remaining 70 per cent are carried out by other organizations and private companies. This meeting will provide an opportunity for all the partners to implement more effective management of work sites.