Housed in the Centre Culturel Calixa-Lavallée, the Gym culturel is a 50-square-metre multipurpose space accessible free of charge (mandatory registration or reservation).
The Gym Culturel plays host to open artistic activities by all, including working professionals, and fosters dialogue between professional and amateur artists.
Program of events
You can consult the Gym’s program of events in this publication (on page 17, in French).
You can also find the latest new about public activities at the Gym Culturel on this web page and in the borough’s newsletter. Read about activities at the libraries here and events at the Maison de la culture here. These resources are all published in French.
Book and use the Gym
Professional artists and cultural NPOs
All artists and non-profit cultural organizations in the borough are invited to come and practice, inspire and strengthen themselves, and perfect their skills in their chosen artistic discipline, individually or in groups.
Book a time slot:
- Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and from 8 to 10 p.m.
- Friday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Click here to make a reservation.
- Users who have reserved a period have exclusive use of the space for the period in question
- Users can book a maximum of 10 one-hour periods per month
- Periods can be booked up to one month in advance
- Periods can be booked at the latest 5 p.m. the day before
- Users must leave the space once the reserved period is over
- Users wishing to reserve more than the 10 periods allowed have the option of proposing an activity open to the public in exchange for additional periods or renting other spaces at the Calixa-Lavallée cultural centre, through Art Neuf.
- In the absence of a reservation or scheduled public activity, space in the Gym Culturel automatically becomes available for open access.
The gym is also available to all during open access periods:
- Monday to Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday from 3 to 5 p.m.
About the open access period:
- Users can enter and leave at will and use the space for their personal practice, respecting the rules of cohabitation and other users. Prior identification via this form is required.
- Users who arrive on site while another activity or practice is in progress must fit into the space without disturbing any activity already in progress.
- If an activity already in progress uses the entire space or does not allow for cohabitation with other activities, users must respect the first-come, first-served rule and give priority to the activity in progress.
- At the end of a one-hour period of use, users must leave the space and make room for new users.
- If cohabitation is possible with the new users, they can all stay in the space for a new period.
- A user who had the exclusive use of the space for a period because he used the whole space or because his practice could not cohabit with other practices is required to leave his place to the next user, based on the order of arrival in the space.
- If the period is followed by a scheduled activity or a reserved period, all users must leave the premises at the end of the period.
- Sound system
- Light table
- When there is no active reservation, the room is accessible to all.
- No food or alcohol may be brought into the Gym Culturel.
- Air conditioning
- Changing table
- Drinking fountain
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wheel-chair accessible