Contactless book loans are permitted. Organized activities are prohibited.Stay informed
The Bibliothèque du Vieux-Saint-Laurent allows you to borrow books or documents free of charge, and organizes activities for everyone.
As the City of Montréal is now in a red zone, and in order to comply with the health measures issued by public authorities, the services offered by Saint-Laurent libraries will be reduced as of October 1.
Services offered in the library:
- Loan of documents previously placed on hold (reserved) by the library member
- Loan of batches or single documents pre-selected by employees
- Return of documents in book drops (certain exceptions apply for oversized or high-value copies)
- Membership applications submitted in person
- Payment of fees
- Reference and reader assistance service
Services offered remotely:
- Temporary memberships online (form: http://bit.ly/formabonbibmtl) or by phone (allow 3 working days for the processing of your temporary membership)
- Reference and reader assistance by phone
- Holds (reservations) of documents online (Nelligan catalogue or by phone (514-855-6130)
- Online: access to the digital library (http://bibliomontreal.com/numerique/) and virtual activities (Keep an eye out for events on our Facebook page!)
Services NOT available:
- Access to library shelves and furniture is prohibited.
- Access to computer stations, printers and photocopiers is prohibited.
- On-site and off-site activities are cancelled or postponed.
- Issuing Accès Montréal card
Important rules to be followed:
- A face mask must be worn at all times (covering the nose and mouth).
- Only one person at a time may be admitted to the library, with some exceptions (i.e., single parent with children; companion of a person with reduced mobility).
Mitigation measures for members:
- Extended loan period (of 7 or 21 days) to 28 days for all types of library materials
- Due dates for existing loans extended to October 30
- 3-month extension of memberships expiring on September 30 and October 30
- Library hours remain the same.
- One workroom
- Library loans delivered to the homes of people with reduced mobility: 514 855-6130, ext. 4754