Find out which library services are currently availableStay informed
The Bibliothèque du Vieux-Saint-Laurent allows you to borrow books or documents free of charge, and organizes activities for everyone.
As of Monday, February 8, Saint-Laurent libraries are expanding their service offering according to the new directives issued by public health. In addition to access to seats and computers by reservation, it is now possible to access the collections.
Please note that the number of people admitted to the libraries is limited.
List of services offered:
- Access to collections
- Loan of documents
- Loan of bundles of documents selected by librarians: https://bit.ly/lotsdoc
- Return of documents in scrap books (some exceptions apply for oversized or high value copies)
- In-person subscription
- Payment of fees
- Reference and reader assistance service
For computers and seats:
By reservation only (by phone 514-855-6130 or on site the day before, or the day of your visit), it is possible:
- To use a computer station and a printer, for a maximum of 2 hours, for a maximum of 2 times a week.
- Access to a seat, for a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- To use the copier.
It will be impossible:
Use the catalog consultation stations.
To work as a team.
- Temporary subscription online (form: http://bit.ly/formabonbibmtl) or by phone (allow a period of 3 working days for the processing of your temporary subscription)
- Reference and help to the reader by phone
- Online document reservation (Nelligan catalog: http://bit.ly/bibliomtlcat) (Surprise me: https://bit.ly/lotsdoc) or by phone (514-855-6130)
- Online: access to the digital library (http://bibliomontreal.com/numerique/) and to virtual activities
Services not available:
- Issue of Accès Montréal cards
- Entertainment activities on site
- On-site consultation of newspapers and magazines
Important rules to apply:
- Mandatory face covering (covering the nose, mouth and chin) for anyone 8 years of age and over at all times.
- Two people living at the same address (family bubble) can be seated together. Maximum of 2 people per family bubble.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult when using the stations dedicated to them.
- It is forbidden to eat and drink at all times (to avoid removing the mask). The water fountains will not be accessible either.
- Limit your visiting time.
- Wearing a personal headset is mandatory to listen to a recording or attend a video conference.
- Respect all the instructions that will be communicated to you on site.
👉 Mitigation measures for subscribers:
- Loan term extended to 28 days for all types of documents
- Postponement of 3 months of subscriptions expiring between 2020 and February 2021