The Bibliothèque du Vieux-Saint-Laurent allows you to borrow books or documents free of charge, and organizes activities for everyone.
Find all the guidelines below to get the most out of your next visit.
Indoor and outdoor activities are progressively resuming in libraries.
Amongst others, documents will no longer be quarantined once they have been returned to the library. Here, you can see a complete list of services and adjusted health measures.
You can borrow items in two different ways:
- Reserve in advance and pick up later
You can reserve items online or by phone. We will contact you once your items are ready at the library and you can then pick them up.
2. Choose items on site
You can now access library shelves to choose your own items.
Terms and conditions:
- Maximum 15 reservations per library card
- Loan time: Three weeks for all types of items and 1 week for DVD’s
- Maximum 40 items per card
You can bring items to the library counter or use the outdoor drop-off chute. You must return fragile items, such as toys and musical instruments, at the counter as usual.
Computer stations and individual seats
There are computer stations and individual seats available for users at the libraries.
Rules and conditions for stations and seats
- Reservation by phone (recommended) or on site, up to seven days in advance for computer stations only.
- Computer stations: maximum of 3h / day, up to 12h / week.
- You must remain at the computer station which has been assigned to you.
- Working in teams is not allowed.
- Bring your own headphones and personal storage devices.
You can become a member and renew your membership in most libraries. You can also become a member digitally.
- Masks are required inside the library at all times for everyone ages 10 and up, even when seated.
- Bring your headphones and personal data storage devices.
- Changing table