Écocentres are the proper place to dispose of products that are harmful to health or the environment. They also accept construction debris, metal, used electronic devices, clothes and other objects that can be recycled or repurposed.
Access to the containers
Access is free of charge:
- If you live in the Montréal Urban Agglomeration or MUA (i.e. on the island)
- If you own a property there under your own name
- If you represent a community organization based there
You must pay for access:
- If you represent a construction company located in the MUA
- If you represent a company that owns one or more properties in the MUA.
The materials accepted and the documents required for entry also vary depending on your situation. See “Taking items and materials to an ecocentre” below for details.
Before you go to your ecocentre, check waiting times (in French).
For your own safety, we recommend you wear safety glasses, closed shoes and work gloves when sorting and unloading your materials.
COVID-19: For now, you may not buy items from the repurposing centre. However, you can continue to drop off used items.
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa)
- Debit card