The Le Plateau–Mont-Royal permit counter is your gateway to information and applications for renovation, construction, demolition and commercial occupation permits.
As of March 21, you can visit the Plateau-Mont-Royal permit counter without an appointment. However, due to client traffic and the variable processing time of client files, it is best to arrive before 11 a.m. (except Wednesdays) in the morning and before 3 p.m. in the afternoon.
To arrange a preliminary meeting before submitting an application for an extension or new construction permit, you must write to [email protected]. For more details, see the Extensions and New Constructions page (in French).
Do you have questions about renovation, construction, demolition or zoning? Write us an email. Please note that due to high volume of requests, processing will take several days.
To reduce travel, you can submit some permit applications on line:
- Interior renovations
- Exterior renovations
- Certificate of occupancy
- Commercial sign permit
- Excavation permit
- Fire hydrant usage permit
- Permit for hydraulic test
- Permit to carry out work on water and sewer service connections
Applications only accepted online or by e-mail:
- Commercial terrace on public property
- Temporary occupancy of public property for construction purposes
- Curb cut
- Felling permit (“permis de coupe“)*
*For information and requests for felling permits, it is not necessary to come to the counter or make an appointment; please write to [email protected]. The accepted methods of payment are certified cheque, bank draft or debit card.
- Cheque payable to “Ville de Montréal”
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa)
- Debit card
- Postal money order payable to “Ville de Montréal”