By appointment only!
The Le Plateau–Mont-Royal permit counter is your gateway to information and applications for renovation, construction, demolition and commercial occupation permits.
Until further notice, you must obtain an appointment before coming to the Plateau-Mont-Royal permit counter.
For permit applications about the following topics, you can make an appointment by calling 311 or sending an e-mail to: [email protected]:
- Tree felling
- Construction and renovation (indoor and outdoor)
- Commercial signs
- Occupancy of public property
- Commercial occupancy
To arrange a preliminary meeting before submitting an application for an extension or new construction permit, you must write to [email protected].
Do you have questions about renovation, construction, demolition or zoning?
Write us at: [email protected]
Please note that due to high volume of requests, processing will take several days.
To reduce travel, you can submit some permit applications on line:
- Interior renovations
- Exterior renovations
- Construction or expansion
- Certificate of occupancy
- Commercial sign permit
Applications only accepted online or by e-mail:
- Commercial terrace on public property
- Temporary occupancy of public property for construction purposes
- Curb cut
- Felling permit (“permis de coupe“)*
- Excavation permit*
- Fire hydrant usage permit
- Permit for hydraulic test
*For information and requests for felling or excavation permits, it is not necessary to come to the counter or make an appointment; please write to [email protected]. The accepted methods of payment are certified cheque, bank draft or debit card.
- Cheque payable to “Ville de Montréal”
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa)
- Debit card
- Postal money order payable to “Ville de Montréal”