The Ville-Marie permit counter reopened to the public on July 13, 2020. Due to COVID-19, the services offered are limited, and wait times may be longer. We recommend that you make an appointment. No permits will be issued on site.
Would you like to know more about the legislation that is in effect in your borough? Before beginning a construction or renovation project, speak to one of our agents.
Ask us about the following topics:
- Tree felling
- Construction and renovation (indoor and outdoor)
- Commercial signs
- Occupancy of public property
- Commercial occupancy
To avoid unnecessary visits to the office, and to obtain a permit faster, you can apply for some permits online:
Do you have questions?
- Write to us at: [email protected]
- You can meet with one of our agents at the permit counter. Given the COVID-19 context, we recommend that you make an appointment by email.
Use the interactive map to find out more about most of the standards that apply to the outside of your building. You can also find out if your building, or the area in which it is located, has heritage status
Persons with reduced mobility: You can request a permit from home. Simply send us an e-mail or call us at 311. An employee will contact you to set up a meeting at your home.
- Cash (daily limit: $500)
- Cheque payable to “Ville de Montréal”
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa)
- Debit card
- Postal money order payable to “Ville de Montréal”