The Pierrefonds Makerspace is a digital creation and fabrication space focused on new technologies. It is the perfect place to produce all kinds of creative projects. Curious and experts users are welcome!
Located within the Pierrefonds Library, the Pierrefonds Makerspace offers free access to several technologies such as 3D printers, a laser cutter, robotics sets and much more. A team is present on site to guide you in your use of the equipment.
Services and activities
- Presentation of the Pierrefonds Makerspace and demonstration of its equipment
- Initiation to the functioning of the equipment
- Individual and personalized support for the realization of personal projects
- Workshops and activities for youth and adults are organized several times a month. You can familiarize yourself or have fun with our tools. Registration is mandatory. Discover the program of activities here!
Available equipment on site
- Powerful laptops
- Graphics tablet (Wacom Intuos)
- 3D printers (Ultimaker 3, Ultimaker S3)
- Paper printer - Large format (HP DesignJet T830)
- Laser cutter (Trotec Speedy 100)
- Vinyl cutter (Roland GS-24)
- Heat press
- Button pins
Robotics, programming and electronics
- LEGO WeDo 2.0, Spike et Mindstorms
- Dash & Dot
- Makey Makey
- Sewing machines (Brother HC3010)
- Overlock machine (BabyLock Vibrant)
- Scanner (Epson V600)
- Scanner - Large format (HP DesignJet T830)
- VHS Converter
At the Pierrefonds Makerspace, we prioritize the use of free or open source software so that you may continue working on your projects outside our spaces. Here is the list of the programs that you have at your disposal on our computer stations:
- Graphic design softwares: Inkscape, Krita, GIMP, Paint.net, Scribus
- 3D modeling softwares: Blender, FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Tinkercad, Meshmixer
- Programming softwares: Scratch
- Audiovisual softwares: Audacity, Handbrake, DaVinci Resolve
Amenities and accessibility
For a detailed list of amenities and accessibility measures available in the building, please consult the Pierrefonds Library main page.
Questions and comments
Write to us at [email protected].