Work operations on Boulevard Henri-Bourassa in Saint-Laurent could impact your everyday life. Find out what you need to know.
Work site updates
Get the latest updates on the work site and the measures that the city is taking to mitigate its impact.
Work in progress and to come
In 2023 and 2024:
- Transplantation of trees in the median strip to make way for the planned developments
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of the water supply network
- Reconstruction of electrical and cabling networks
- Reconstruction of stormwater retention basins
- Work on the road network and complete redevelopment of Boulevard Henri-Bourassa between Avenue Félix-Leclerc and Boulevard Pitfield eastbound and westbound
- Improvement of street lighting and traffic lights
- Development of protected bike paths on both sides of Boulevard Henri-Bourassa
Transplantation of trees
In order to complete the work, the project calls for transplanting the trees on the median strip. Some sick trees must be felled. A total of 370 trees will be planted, including 70 alongside the bike paths and 300 on the median strip.
- Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends, if required
Getting around during the work operations in 2023
- Partial closures of Boulevard Henri-Bourassa between Boulevard Pitfield and Avenue Félix-Leclerc.
- Minimum one lane kept open in each direction at all times.
Public transit service will be maintained, but changes or cancellations of STM bus stops serving the area can be expected. The reserved lane for buses will not be maintained at all times. Please contact STM-INFO (514-786-4636) or go to stm.info to find out more.
Pedestrian walkways will be maintained, and detours will be offered, if required, at all times.
Access the buildings
Homes, businesses, stores and other establishments will remain accessible at all times. People responsible for the work will collaborate closely with businesses and institutions in an effort to minimize occasional obstacles in front of their buildings and the impacts on their activities.
Collection schedules for garbage, recyclable materials and organic waste will be maintained during the work.
Zones with obstacles: The contractor will move containers that are not accessible for the household waste collection. Please make sure to write your address on your bins and garbage cans so that they can be returned to the front of your building.
Temporary water service interruption
Water service interruptions are planned during the work on the water supply network. Concerned residents will receive a door hanger 48 hours in advance.
Sound nuisances and vibrations
The use of tools and other work site equipment required to complete the work may generate dust, noise and vibrations in spite of the mitigation measures put in place.
Notice of work operations
Please view the most recent notices to residents.
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Fermeture temporaire de l’accès aux entrées de stationnement [PDF 366 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Arrêt de chantier temporaire [PDF 397 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Annulation du changement de phase - 3 octobre 2023 (in French) [PDF 367 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Changement de phase - 3 octobre 2023 (in French) [PDF 367 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Accès résidences temporairement bloqué - 23 août 2023 (in French) [PDF 276 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Avis de travaux de fin de semaine - 19 août 2023 (in French) [PDF 232 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Fermeture partielle entre les boulevards Thimens et Pitfield - 14 août (in French) [PDF 393 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Nouvelle entrave entre le boulevard Thimens et l’avenue Félix-Leclerc - 21 juillet (in French) [PDF 394 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Changement temporaire de sens de la circulation - 11 avril (in French) [PDF 258 KB]
- Projet Henri-Bourassa - Début des travaux - 3 avril (in French) [PDF 407 KB]
- Henri-Bourassa project - Letter of presentation [PDF 695 KB]
Consult the map to visualize the obstacles and the development of traffic in the sector under construction.