Boulevard Henri-Bourassa is being rebuilt. This project, which covers 1.5 km, aims to make the boulevard greener and more pedestrian and cyclist friendly.
Learn more about the project
Work will begin in 2022 and will last for three years.
- Boulevard Henri-Bourassa, between Boulevard Pitfield and Avenue Félix-Leclerc
- Rebuilding of the road
- Building new sidewalks, rebuilding or widening existing sidewalks
- Building pedestrian islands at intersections
- Creating one-way mid-height bicycle lanes
- Building curbside bus platforms
- Planting trees and vegetation
- Replacing lighting
- Replacing and reprogramming traffic lights
- Building valve chambers
- Rehabilitating water mains
- Rebuilding assets belonging to Bell Canada and the Commission des services électriques de Montréal.
The boulevard is being redeveloped to:
- Encourage active mobility (on foot, by bike, on rollerblades, scooters, etc.)
- Let people get around more safely and conveniently
- Reduce heat islands
The underground infrastructure is being rebuilt to:
- Ensure that the fire department service is reliable
- Improve the reliability of the system and ensure a continuous supply of quality drinking water
- Maintain quality services for future generations
Did you miss the information session held on May 26, 2022, concerning the rebuilt of Boulevard Henri-Bourassa, or do you want to view it again?