Business and Innovation

Permits and Authorizations

Do you want to change a sign, renovate your store or business, organize activities in city parks or streets, shoot a film or do work on public land? Make sure you meet the city’s standards and get the necessary permits and authorizations.

I'm looking for

  • Restaurant or bar terraces, also called “sidewalk cafés,” play a vital part in a neighbourhood’s social life. However, they must meet the strict development standards set out by each borough, and a permit is required to operate a commercial terrace.

  • Carrying out work and your container is encroaching on city property? Want to reserve space on the street for your moving truck? Want to install a commercial terrace? Find out which type of permit you need to apply for.

  • Parklets are outdoor rest areas where residents can stop to chat or enjoy a snack. In some boroughs, businesses are authorized to build parklets, provided that they observe certain regulations and get a permit.

  • Are you organizing a festival, a march, a parade or a block party? Find out what you need to know to get authorization.

  • In Montréal, snow clearing on private property is subject to certain rules. Learn about key instructions to be followed for residential properties, merchants’ parking areas, and industrial lots.

  • Are you a snow removal contractor looking for a place to put the snow that you’ve cleared from a lot? Montréal’s snow disposal sites are places where you can dump your load.