Discover our tips on safely parking your car during snow removal operations in Montréal: when to move your car, and where and how to park it.
Help make snow removal operations effective by correctly parking your vehicle in winter and obeying the signs.
Here are a few tips for proper parking in winter:
- park your vehicle 30 cm from the sidewalk
- fold back your rear-view mirrors
- do not park your car at an angle so as not to delay snow removal operations
Obeying the signs
During snow removal operations, signs indicate “no parking” periods.
- Daytime operations: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Signs go up the evening before.
- Nighttime operations: 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Signs go up before 3 p.m. the same day.
In LaSalle and Verdun, residents need to dial the number indicated on the signs to find out if they must move their vehicles.
When to move your vehicle in winter
Street signage during snow removal operations will always prevail over information in the INFO-Neiges MTL app. You can also report the error online.
Finding your towed car
Has your vehicle been towed during snow removal operations? Find out where it was towed on the Info-remorquage site or by contacting 311.
Free municipal parking
During snow removal periods, free parking spaces are available at night, in collaboration with Stationnement de Montréal.
View the INFO-Neige MTL application and the snow removal map to find out where these parking spaces are located.