Are you an organization that want to hold a large-scale social, sports, cultural, recreational or community event with a festive element, organized on a one-time basis and aimed primarily at residents of Pierrefonds-Roxboro? Find out how to submit a formal application here.
The Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro organizes public events (e.g., Canada Day), but also hosts and supports other types of events across its territory for the benefit of community organizations. The Policy on Support for Special Events provides a framework to facilitate the planning of events locally.
The Policy on Support for Special Events defines the procedures for submitting applications and acceptance of events, the support that the Borough is able to provide to such events, and the rules and responsibilities relative to such support.
The objectives of the policy are as follows:
- Plan effectively and make responsible use of Borough resources;
- Clearly define the types of support available to organizations that want to organize an event;
- Encourage diversification of events available in the Borough;
- Perform evaluations of events to ensure that the objectives are met;
- Respect the Borough’s capacity to host and support events.
This Policy covers three streams of support:
- STREAM 1 : Support for events held on public property
- STREAM 2 : Support for events held inside municipal buildings
- STREAM 3 : Equipment loans and transportation of materials for events held on Borough territory in a location that is not owned by the Borough
The Policy on Support for Special Events provides a framework for organizations that want to hold a large-scale social, sports, cultural, recreational or community event with a festive element, organized on a one-time basis and aimed primarily at residents of Pierrefonds-Roxboro. Eligible organizations are:
A - Non-profit organizations (NPOs)
Not recognized under the PierrefondsRoxboro Borough Policy on Recognition of and Support for Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs) and duly constituted under one of the following legal structures:
- Provincial Companies Act (Part III);
- Federal Canada Corporations Act (Part II);
- Co-operative established under theprovincial Co-operatives Act.
B - Foundations and philanthropic organizations
C - Institutional, public or parapublic organizations
The following types of event and activity are not eligible for the Policy on Support for Special Events, even if the promoter organization is eligible:
- Private events;
- Events organized by a private company;
- Events reserved for a closed or exclusive group;
- Projects involving, in whole or in part, partisan, political, sexual, war-related, discriminatory or degrading activities;
- Protests, marches and demonstrations;
- Public consultations, news conferences and flag raisings;
- Film, video or photography shoots;
- Projects involving activities that are, in whole or in part, controversial and to which it would be unreasonable to attach the Borough’s name;
- Events taking place outside Borough territory.
Send a demand
The request must be submitted no later than:
- March 15 for events taking place within the period of June 1st to October 31.
- August 15for events taking place within the period of November 1st toMay 1st.
Complete in full and sign the application form for support for special events below.