The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented challenges for social economy businesses in Montréal. Given the importance of these community organizations, the city wants to provide them with financial assistance, free advisory services, training and psychological support.
These services, which are provided through organizations funded by the city, are specifically for social economy businesses.
- Broader criteria for the Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale
The PME MTL Fonds de développement de l’économie sociale (FDES) offers subsidies up to $50,000 for startup, growth or consolidation projects. To help businesses as they deal with the COVID-19 crisis, the required down payment has been reduced from 20% to 10%. Assistance is provided by PME MTL, the city’s business support network. For more information, contact your PME MTL (in French) service hub.
Advisory services and training
- Free advisory assistance: Determining eligibility, budgeting and adjusting business models
Free access to advisory services offered by Télescope (in French), a non-profit that specializes in administrative and financial support of social and collective businesses. The objective is to help you determine your eligibility for different government aid programs, create accounting and budget documents and develop the right financial tools to maintain your activities or revise them, if necessary. Apply now (in French).
- Free access to services offered by the Consortium de ressources et d’expertises coopérativFree access to advisory services adapted to the context of the pandemic and based primarily on legal advice, accounting/finance, strategic and operational guidance, information technology, public relations and communication. Apply now (in French)
- Free access to training on human resources management and organizational transformation
Free access to human resource management training from Économie sociale Action communautaire’s sector-based workforce committee. Webinars presented by specialists or virtual customized coaching can help you plan your staff’s return to work and ensure you comply with health and safety measures at work. These training sessions will address other aspects of human resources management in this health crisis. Apply now (in French)
- Psychological support for leaders and employees
Free webinars on stress and psychological health during the pandemic offered by the business accelerator Esplanade, in partnership with District3, the CESIM, Réseau Coop and the CSMO-ESAC,. See a full schedule on the Esplanade’s Facebook page
- Support circles
Support circles offered by the Conseil d’économie sociale de l’île de Montréal (CESIM) where leaders of social economy businesses can exchange with one another. See schedule (in French)
Didn’t find the information you were looking for?
Contact us Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 514 394-1793.
Businesses can submit their questions by completing an online questionnaire. An economic development advisor from the city will respond as soon as possible, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., from Monday to Friday.
To follow us, subscribe to the Montréal économique en bref newsletter (in French only).