Last updated June 7, 2023
Would you like to build a single-family home or a plex? Are you developing a major real estate project? Would you like to build an outbuilding, such as a shed or garage? Before you begin work, find out about applicable rules as well as what permits you need.
Projects with five or more dwellings
The By-law for a Diverse Metropolis sets out new requirements for projects whose residential area is greater than 450 m2 (equivalent to approximately five dwellings).
Real estate developers must make commitments to the city to contribute to the supply of social, affordable and family housing in Montréal.
Learn more about the topic
Programs and initiatives
Tips and articles
- 2 steps to follow when applying for a permit in Ahuntsic-Cartierville
- Concrete actions to optimize the advancement of real estate projects
- Diverse metropolis: An overview of the by-law
- Diverse Metropolis: Benefits to date
- Diverse metropolis: Public consultation
- Diverse metropolis: Use the calculation tool
- Diverse metropolis: Ways to contribute
- Namur-Hippodrome district: an ecological neighbourhood