In Ahuntsic-Cartierville, you must obtain a permit to temporarily occupy city property for construction purposes if you would like to:
- install any of the following on city property: temporary shelters, construction fencing, containers, scaffolding, a debris chute
- place equipment, materials or debris on city property
- reserve a parking space for a contractor
- close off city property to carry out work
City property includes streets, alleys, sidewalks, bike paths, medians, public squares and parks.
Rates vary based on the location, the total area of the occupancy, whether or not there are parking meters and the duration of the work. You will receive a bill from the city four to six weeks after the the work is completed.
If there are parking meters in the work zone, a fee will be added to your bill to cover the costs of:
- covering (hooding) parking meters
- removing parking meters
- loss of parking revenues
See the schedule of fees for permit costs (in French).
Good to know
Your application will be processed within two business days. For construction sites that are managed by a contractor, the timeframe is 10 working days.
The permit is valid for a maximum duration of one month. If you would like to extend it, you must submit a new application.