The collection and processing of recyclable materials (paper, cardboard, plastics, metals, glass) helps to reduce waste and to preserve the environment. This collection, which is available everywhere in Montréal in single-stream mode, allows you to place all your materials in a single container to be transported and processed at the sorting centre.
To find out the collection schedule, see Info-Collectes.
Other drop-off points:
- ERPA-Québec, Électrobac or OPEQ (electronic products and small parts)
- Écocentre LaSalle or écocentre Saint-Laurent (all no 6 plastics)
Good to know
To avoid being fined, please be sure to comply with collection schedules and conditions.
- Cardboard packages (for eggs, cereals, facial tissues), cardboard tubes and rolls (toilet paper and paper towels), brown paper bags
- Flattened cardboard boxes attached in bundles, maximum weight 25 kg
- Paper: newsprint, circulars, magazines, catalogues, telephone directories
- Paper: sheets of paper (with or without staples), envelopes (with or without a window), file folders
- Glass: bottles, flasks and jars of all shapes and colours (with or without labels)
- Cartons: milk cartons, juice boxes and other containers for liquids
- Metal: cans, covers and caps, clothes hangers, aluminium cans, clean aluminium foil and plates
- Rigid plastic: bottles (shampoo, laundry detergent, water, soft drinks, etc.), containers (yogurt, margarine, grease, etc.), covers and caps
- Flexible plastic: grocery and shopping bags, dry cleaning bags, bread and pastry bags (not greasy), bags from food products (not soiled), overwrap packaging for bags of milk, paper towel, etc.
- Flexible plastic: Any plastic packaging identified with the No 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7
- Padded envelopes, objects composed of multiple materials (such as binders, etc.), diapers
- Photographic paper, metallic wrapping paper
- Stickers, wallpaper
- Soiled or greasy paper and cardboard, wax paper, carbon paper
- Unflattened cardboard boxes, or not in bundles of 25 kg or less
- Drinking glasses (wine, water, etc.), sheet glass, mirrors, etc.
- Light bulbs (fluorescent and other)
- Pyrex, porcelain, ceramics and crockery (whole pieces or fragments)
- Paint, solvent, pesticide, aerosol and other containers
- Scrap metal, pipes, nails, screws
- Pots and pans, muffin tins
- Electronic devices, large and small household appliances
- Soiled wrappings
- Cereal and cracker bags (waxed)
- Potato chip bags and candy wrappers (greasy)
- Shrink-wrap film (meat and cheese packaging, etc.)
- Tarpaulins (swimming pool covers, canopies, etc.)
- All no 6 plastics (polystyrene)
- Boxes of compact disc (CD)
- Containers of paint, motor oil, etc.
- Toothpaste tubes and pumps
- Products of rubber (pipes for watering, boots, etc.)
- Items composed of several materials (toys, tools, etc.)
- Montréal 67-litre bin
- Wheeled 360-litre bin
- Clear or blue see-through plastic recycling bags