Do you have a pool on your property? Find out about the new amendments to the Québec government Regulation on the safety of residential pools. Borough of Lachine inspectors will help you evaluate the compliance of your installation.
Through its concern for reducing the risk of accidents and drowning, the Government of Québec has revised the Residential Swimming Pool Safety Regulation in order to improve the safety of installations around pools. This new Regulation applies to all pools, whether they are above ground, in-ground or even dismantleable, regardless of when they were installed.
A notice has been be sent to all pool owners in Lachine to inform them of the main amendments to the provincial Regulation. If your pool is not in compliance, it is important to take the necessary measures to make it safe.
To help you assess whether corrective action is required for your facilities, complete the Québec governmen’s self-evaluation test and send a copy of the completed questionnaire by email or by mail to Bureau Accès Montréal, 1800 boulevard Saint-Joseph, Montréal (Québec) H8S 2N4.
You can also obtain a paper questionnaire :
- by writing to [email protected] or calling 311 to receive a form by email, or
- ask for a copy at the Bureau Accès Montréal counter in Lachine, 1800 boulevard Saint-Joseph.
In order to help you determine whether or not corrective action needs to be taken, inspectors will be making courtesy visits in the coming weeks and months. Borough inspectors can be identified by their official card and Ville de Montréal jersey and they travel in a vehicle displaying the Lachine logo.
You will need to make sure that your installation meets the new safety standards by September 30, 2025.
Québec governmen’s self-evaluation test (in French) :
- Autoévaluation - Piscine creusée (in French) [PDF 323 KB]
- Autoévaluation - Piscine semi-creusée (in French) [PDF 320 KB]
- Autoévaluation - Piscine hors terre de moins de 1,2 m de hauteur (in French) [PDF 243 KB]
- Autoévaluation - Piscine hors-terre avec paroi de 1,2 m ou plus de hauteur (in French) [PDF 300 KB]
- Autoévaluation - Piscine démontable avec paroi de moins de 1,4 m de hauteur (in French) [PDF 317 KB]
- Autoévaluation - Piscine démontable avec paroi 1,4 m ou plus de hauteur (in French) [PDF 253 KB]