This project aims to connect important biodiversity spaces between LaSalle and Le Sud-Ouest in order to protect nature in the city. It was one of the winning projects in the first edition of the city’s participatory budget.
Enhancement of green alleys and implementation of new tree islands with shrubs and pollinator gardens.
This project will be implemented in two boroughs, with a total budget of $2.7 million.
- Create a network of eco-corridors to connect existing biodiversity spaces.
- Offer conditions conducive to the movement and survival of insects and birds in urban environments.
- Improve public access to nature in the city.
Learn about the details of the project in each borough:
Development of pollination zones and installation of wildlife shelters.
- Location: From parc des rapides to parc Angrignon
- Budget: $135,200
- Delivery date: Fall 2023
Development of biodiversity islands and interpretation panels highlighting the green alleyways, biodiversity islands and mini-forests.
- Location: In the Émard-Côte-Saint-Paul neighbourhood
- Budget: $2,570,945
- Delivery date: Fall 2022 (phase 1 and 2) and fall 2023 (phase 3)