Starting in August, Rue Saint-Denis and Rue Cherrier will be reconfigured in order to allow for the extension of the Express Bike Network (EBN).
Everything there is to know about the project
Starting in August, 2023
- On Rue Saint-Denis, between Rue Roy adn Rue Cherrier
- On Rue Cherrier, between Rue Berri and Rue Saint-Denis.
A one-way protected lane will be configured along each side of Rue Saint-Denis, between the sidewalk and vehicular traffic lanes.
The new bike lanes will be separated from vehicular traffic lanes and protected by a concrete curb. They will be accessible year-round and will be sufficiently wide to allow passing.
New lanes will also be added along Rue Cherrier, linking Rue Saint-Denis to Rue Berri. On the North side, cyclists will have access to a two-way path. On the south side, they will be able to travel eastbound on a one-way lane.
Traffic and parking
- Removal of one vehicular traffic lane in each direction on Rue Saint-Denis, from Rue Roy to Rue Cherrier
- Removal of one vehicular traffic lane in each direction on Rue Cherrier, between Rue Saint-Denis and Rue Berri
- Addition of 2 bus platforms on Rue Saint-Denis
- Public transit services maintained
- Changes to traffic lights for safe, streamlined travels at intersections
- 20% of parking spaces maintained
The Express Bike Network will allow for:
- safe travels for all modes of transportation
- improved bike path connectivity: easy access to the bike paths on Rue Berri and on Avenue des Pins, as well as to local stores and restaurants
- lighter vehicular traffic resulting from the removal of traffic lanes
- more equitable road sharing
- active and sustainable mobility
Project presentation letter
- Avis de travaux, 13 novembre - Prolongement du REV Saint-Denis (in French) [PDF 374 KB]
- Avis de travaux, 30 octobre - Prolongement du REV Saint-Denis (in French) [PDF 382 KB]
- Avis début des travaux, 14 août 2023 - Prolongement du REV Saint-Denis (in French) [PDF 403 KB]
- Lettre de présentation - Prolongement du REV Saint-Denis (in French) [PDF 876 KB]