Did you know that you could be fined—$300 or more—for feeding a wild animal?
Feeding animals in parks and streets in Montréal is strictly prohibited and, in fact, not only is it a violation of Ville de Montréal’s Bylaw concerning domestic animals, but it also has many negative impacts on the animals and the environment, such as:
- Encouraging their overpopulation
- Delaying the migration of the animals and therefore causing a local settlement
- Increasing the presence of excrement on the ground
- Destroying the lawn and surrounding plants
- Harming the health of the animals, by causing major health problems, which may even prevent them from relocating
The next time you visit the park, think about the consequences of your actions on the wild life and plant life.