The Policy for the Recognition and Support of Non-Profit Organizations (NPO’s) of the borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro is a framework that allows the harmonization, on a fair and transparent basis, of the relations between the borough and the community organizations.
A transparent and inclusive approach
Over the past two years, the Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro has worked on updating its Policy for the Recognition and Support of Non-Profit Organizations in a spirit of equity and transparency. Many organizations were able to express themselves on the improvements to be made to the Recognition Policy.
The purpose of the new version is to contribute to the sustainability of local organizations by increasing support for their mission and improving citizens’ accessibility to the activities and services offered on the territory. The Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro thus recognizes the essential contribution of organizations to improving the quality of life of the citizens of the territory.
Outline the legal framework, mission and priorities of the DCSLDS (culture, sports, leisure and social development) so that organizations can better adapt to them:
- Define the recognition process and support available to organizations;
- Encourage fair and optimum use of available public resources;
- Facilitate access to cultural, sports, recreational and social development activities for Borough residents;
- Recognize groups and organizations and the work they do for Borough residents;
- Support the missions of organizations that provide services to residents of Pierrefonds-Roxboro.
Elements of the Policy
This Policy defines the recognition and support mechanisms for organizations working in its territory, with regard to the resources available to the borough. It includes the following elements:
- The framework in which the Policy fits
- The mechanism for categorizing organisms
- The procedure for recognizing non-profit organizations
- The different types of support available according to the categories of organizations
The organization must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in the Policy regarding the following aspects: the legal status, its mission, governance and democratic life, financial management and its service offer.
Any organization wishing to be recognized by the Borough must complete the Application for Recognition form according to the instructions on the form and attach the required documents.
Support to Recognized Organizations
The Borough offers a range of resources to support organizations in carrying out their activities. The support offered by our services depends on the category in which the organization finds itself with regard to its mission and its service offer. Moreover, this support varies according to the priorities and orientations of the borough, and the resources available. The different types of support are as follows: professional, promotional, financial, event, physical and material support.