SÉRI Montréal: Driving innovation
SÉRI Montréal encourages meetings between experts from different fields and the transfer of innovation to the industry and municipalities through conferences, booths and networking activities.
The mission of SÉRI Montréal (Synergie émergente recherche industrie/institution) is to bring together experts from a variety of sectors around a transversal theme based on innovation and technology.
Its objective is to bring forward projects and partnerships that promote the results of research, entrepreneurship and business competitiveness. SÉRI Montréal helps local knowledge and expertise get discovered and contributes to Montréal’s economic dynamics.
The activity has two components:
- SÉRI Montréal “Businesses” brings together innovative technology researchers and company leaders.
- SÉRI Montréal “City” brings together researchers and professionals that work for the city.
What makes SÉRI Montréal so original?
- A participatory governance structure with a table of partners composed of seven Montréal universities (Polytechnique, Université de Montréal, UQAM, McGill, ÉTS, Concordia and INRS) and a representative from the Fonds de recherche du Québec.
- An innovative and transversal themed approach that breaks down barriers between traditional sectors and disciplines.
- Cutting-edge lectures on a variety of topics.
- Booths where researchers can present their expertise, research and projects in a user-friendly way.
- Networking activities.
- Individual and customized invitations depending on the theme of each edition.
SÉRI Montréal is part of the Carrefour de recherche urbaine de Montréal.
SÉRI Montréal is a finalist for the Prix Mérite Ovation municipale 2020, in the economic development category.