A special urban planning program (Programme particulier d’urbanisme, or PPU) is a component of the Urban Plan. It provides more specific planning information for a particular area. Learn more about this urban-planning tool.
The special urban planning program is adopted by city council following a public consultation process that involves residents, merchants and community groups. It’s appropriate for the planning of an area that is facing, or will be facing, significant changes.
A special urban planning program may include:
- Detailed land use designations and lot densities
- Projected routes and types of circulation infrastructure
- Projected community facilities
- Rules for zoning, subdivision and construction
- The identification of planned work projects, and properties to be acquired by the city, if any
- The sequence of construction and the approximate duration of work