You are a person without legal status or awaiting legal status and need proof of identity and residence so that you can use municipal programs and services? Here’s how to get a card.
People in one of the following situations may apply for this card:
- A tourist or temporary resident who has not renewed their expired tourist visa, study permit or work permit and has not left Canada
- A person who has been denied asylum as a refugee, has tried all other options and has not complied with a removal order
- A person who has entered Canada in an irregular way
- A trans person waiting for their new identification documents
- A person experiencing homelessness.
This service is completely confidential. No personal information will be shared with other organizations.