The library offers a welcoming space where people with limited mobility or people with a functional disability can benefit from adapted facilities, collections and equipment.
Universal access can take several forms.
- Adapted facilities to facilitate physical access
- Adapted equipment and tools, for example:
- pedal desk for people with attention deficit/hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- digital magnifying glass and screen magnification software
- reading glasses loaned in certain libraries
- Adapted collections, for example:
- books and society games in braille or large print
- talking books and digital audio books
- films in DVD and Blu-ray with audio-descriptions for people with a visual impairment
- films on DVD and Blu-ray with subtitles for people with a hearing impairment
- Home mailing service that lets people with a disability or people ages 65 and older access the collection without going in person to the library.
Information and services
will become your favourite borough.