Join the LaSalle Youth Council Team
Are you dynamic and want to make a difference in your community? The LaSalle Youth Council / Conseil jeunesse de LaSalle (CJL) is looking for motivated candidates between the ages of 14 and 26 who have an interest in democratic life and wish to represent the borough’s youth.
About the LaSalle Youth Council
The Council is an advisory committee currently composed of eight young people, but can have up to 12 members. Age 14-26, they are interested in democratic life and represent the young people of LaSalle, by expressing their concerns and ideas in order to make them a reality. Together, the members play an important role in helping to evaluate and find potential solutions for contributing to the development of the borough and its residents.
The Youth Council promotes the collective and individual power of young people so that they can be recognized and respected as full citizens. It provides an opportunity for governance and commitment to its Councillors to promote the active participation of young people in the development of the LaSalle community. The Council is a group that reportsto Borough Council and is led by young volunteers, for the young people of the borough.
It takes into account the opinions of the borough’s youth on issues such as their well-being, their concerns and their community priorities, in addition to valuing diversity in all its forms (cultural, gender, ethnic, social, linguistic and geographic, etc.).
Rules and Regulations
- Applicants must be residents of the Borough of LaSalle.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 26.
- Applicants must attend monthly meetings, except during summer breaks.
- Applicants must have an interest in the LaSalle Youth Council, but not have other political responsibilities (i.e. the Conseil jeunesse de Montréal or the Forum jeunesse de l’Île de Montréal).
- All selected applicants must be interviewed. However, some non-selected candidates may be accepted to form part of a reserve bank of applicants who may be contacted in subsequent processes.
- Members selected to serve on the LaSalle Youth Council after the formal recruitment period will be given a two-year term of office.
Do you want to get involved in the Council? You have until Friday, June 17, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., to submit your application.
Here are the steps:
1.Prepare your application (this is the time to showcase your personality and ideas!)
In which you:
- make a short presentation about yourself
- explain what you like about LaSalle
- describe what you would like to see in LaSalle
The objective? To show creativity, originality and YOUR personality, in order to see what makes YOU stand out! This will be an opportunity for the LaSalle Youth Council to get to know you and see what you would like to bring to the team.
Shoot a video (about 30 seconds long and maximum 1 minute). Psst! No need for a professional video! A video shot with a cellphone is fine!
Write a cover letter.
Design a visual presentation.
2. Fill out this form (we need some general information!).
3. Send your video, letter or visual presentation by email to [email protected]. The subject line of the email should read “CjL - (add your full name)”.
- If you have decided to send a video, you can use the way of your choice to send it by email: as an attachment (if the format allows it), a YouTube or Vimeo link, a Google Drive link, etc.
If you encounter a problem submitting your application, do not hesitate to contact the CJL by email at [email protected]. Someone from the team will be happy to help you!
Please note: Applications without a video, letter or visual presentation will not be considered.
Screening of applications
After the applications received are screened, only the selected candidates will be called for an interview.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!