Reconstruction of water lines under Rue Saint-Antoine Ouest was an opportunity to rethink the street design. Since autumn 2022, redesign work follow reconstruction of the underground pipes.
Rue Saint-Antoine will become a nicer and safer setting, one that will encourage active transportation and transit. In particular, the Express Bike Network (Réseau express vélo, or REV), will run along Saint-Antoine.
Learn all about the project
- Start of work: end of summer 2022
- End of work: summer 2024
On Rue Saint-Antoine Ouest, between Avenue Atwater and Rue Rose-de-Lima
The redesign consists mainly of:
- Addition of a protected unidirectional bike path
- Widening of the sidewalk on the north side
- Addition of sidewalk extensions on the south-side cross streets, and granite curbs.
- Replacement of drains and lampposts
- Work on traffic lights
Traffic and parking
- Two traffic lanes will be retained.
- The north side parking lane will have to be removed to allow for wider sidewalks, vegetation and the bike path.
- Safety of all users is a priority. The new design will allow everyone to travel more easily. Changes to lane widths will result in automobile traffic calming.
- The new design will offer increased comfort for pedestrians, cyclists and district residents, in particular through the creation of cool islands and traffic calming.
- Travel will be easier for those using active transportation and transit. Rebalancing the use of space will make travel by bicycle efficient and enjoyable for all levels of cyclists; the new design will allow year-round use.
Did you miss the Réseau express vélo information session on June 9, 2022?
View it here: