This project will construct and replace water mains in Ahuntsic-Cartierville and Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension. Why? To ensure the supply of good quality drinking water for residents and maintain optimal fire protection.
Learn all about this project
Spring 2020 to fall 2022
- Rue Clark
- Boulevard Saint-Laurent
- Rue Saint Urbain
- Rue Prieur
- Rue de Port-Royal
- Rue Legendre
- Sous le boulevard Crémazie
- Construction of a primary water main.
- Replacement of secondary water and sewer mains.
- Replacement of many water and sewer branch lines.
- Reconstruction of sidewalks.
- Full reconstruction of the roadway in the construction zone
- Greening of concrete areas between Boulevard Crémazie and Rue De Beauharnois.
- Adding curb extensions at various intersections along Rue Clark and Rue Saint-Urbain.
- June 2020 to June 2021: on Rue Clark at the intersection of Boulevard Crémazie and from Rue Saint-Urbain and under Boulevard Crémazie by digging with a tunnel boring machine.
- March 1 to end of 2021: on Rue Prieur, between Boulevard Saint-Laurent and Rue Saint-Urbain.
- March 15 to late fall 2021: on Boulevard Saint-Laurent between Rue Port-Royal and Rue Legendre.
- Spring, summer and fall 2022:
- On Rue Legendre, between Boulevard Saint-Laurent and Rue Clark.
- On Rue Clark, between Rue Legendre and Boulevard Crémazie.
- On Rue Saint-Urbain, between Boulevard Crémazie and Rue De Liège.
- Ensure a steady supply of good quality drinking water to Ahuntsic-Cartierville and Montréal-Nord.
- Maintain fire protection.
- Correct the water pressure.
- Add a new drinking water supply point for Ahuntsic-Cartierville.
- Improve various elements of the urban environment, simultaneously improving the living conditions of people in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
Progress of the work and daily impacts
The city is taking steps to minimize the impact of public works projects on your day-to-day life. Read our article to learn about all project progress and the most recent notices sent to area residents.