Construction work to configure and improve bike paths along Avenue Christophe-Colomb may impact daily activities in the area. Here is what you need to know:
Here are the latest updates regarding the worksite and what the city is doing to mitigate its impacts.
Ongoing and upcoming work
May to August, 2023
On Avenue Christophe-Colomb, from Boulevard Gouin to Boulevard Rosemont
- Implementation of a new one-way bike path along both sides of the Avenue
- Markings on the pavement (lines and painted pictograms) to mark the new lanes between the sidewalk and the parking lane.
- Installation of bollards to physically separate the bike lanes from vehicular traffic and parking lanes. Changes to and reprogramming of traffic lights at intersections in order to streamline traffic for all modes of transportation.
pour sécuriser et faciliter tous les modes de déplacement
- Installation of new signage.
- Most bus stops will be moved past intersections in order to allow for safe right turns at intersections.
- Construction of dropoff areas in front of schools.
On Avenue Christophe-Colomb, between Boulevard Gouin and Rue Saint-Grégoire
- Extension of bike paths from Boulevard Rosemont to Rue Saint-Grégoire
- Construction of 41 bus drop offs
- Installation of new bus shelters
- Complete street reconstruction projected between Rue Jarry and Rue Jean-Talon
- Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Evening and night, 8:30 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- During the weekend, when necessary
Certain marking operations may be carried out overnight in order to limit impacts on traffic and parking. The work will cause little noise and will not take much time.
Travels during construction work
- Occasional hindrances at intersections on Avenue Christophe-Colomb.
- At least one lane open in each direction at all times.
Bus stops relocated by the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) in the area. Please call 514-786-4636 or go to stm.info for more information
Pedestrian crosswalks and proposed detours as needed.
Existing bike path will be maintained, between Boulevard Gouin and Rue Jarry, accessible during work. Detours proposed as required. .
Access to buildings
Access to residences, businesses and other buildings will be maintained.
Collection schedules for waste, recycling and organic waste are maintained for the duration of construction work.
Some temporary restrictions apply. Please refer to signaling for more details.
For more information regarding the advancement of work and the impact it may have on your travels, please refer to the Info-travaux map.
Sound nuisance and vibrations
The use of power tools and worksite equipment required for the construction work may produce dust, noise and vibration despite all mitigation measures in place.
Notice of work
Look up recent notices.
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Voie de stationnement - 22 septembre 2023 (in French) [PDF 829 KB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Fermeture à la circulation de courte durée - 7 septembre 2023 (in French) [PDF 387 KB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Prolongation des travaux entre Jacques-Casault et Rosemont - 31 août 2023 (in French) [PDF 502 KB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Mesure d'apaisement de la circulation - 21 août 2023 [PDF 880 KB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Collecte des ordures (in French) [PDF 1 MB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Pause estivale 21 juillet - 6 août (in French) [PDF 470 KB]
- Voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - Voie de stationnement (in French) [PDF 871 KB]
- Aménagement de voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - 12 juin 2023 (in French) [PDF 470 KB]
- Aménagement de voies cyclables avenue Christophe-Colomb - 29 mai 2023 (in French) [PDF 484 KB]